Areas of Expertise
1995 to present: Program Director, Missouri Spatial Data Information
1985 to present: Program Director, Sr. Res.
Specialist, Geographic Resources Center
Digital image processing for resource management,
PCI image processing software
GIS computer applications for spatial data analysis
Project design and implementation
- Project cost estimation
- Project/staff coordination & training
- Extensive involvement in projects with public and private sector clients
including academic units, University Extension, state agencies, federal
agencies, local government, and private organizations and companies
M.A. Thesis: Integrating a PATREC Model with LANDSAT Data for Assessing
Pheasant Habitat in Missouri.
Batek, M.J., A.J. Rebertus, W.A. Schroeder, T.L. Haithcoat, E. Compas,
and R.P. Guyette. 1999. Reconstruction of early nineteeth century
vegetation and fire regimes in the Missouri Ozarks. J. Biogeography.
Vol 26: 397-412.
- Drobney, R., T.L. Haithcoat, and D. Diamond. 1999. Missouri
GAP Analysis Project. Missouri Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research
Unit. 150 p.
- Haithcoat, T.L. 1995. Environmental Issues that affect production
and consumption of industrial minerals. Proceedings of
the Midcontinent Industrial Minerals Workshop. U.S.
Geological Survey Bull. 2111. pgs 33-37.
- Hammer, R.D., F.J. Young, N.C. Wollenhaupt, T.W. Barney, and T.L. Haithcoat.
1995. Slope Class Maps from Soil Survey and Digital Elevation Models. Soil
Sci. Soc. of American J. Vol. 59 (2): 509-519.
- Prato, T., Y. Wang, T. Haithcoat, C. Barnett, and C. Fulcher. 1995.
Converting hydric cropland to wetland in Missouri: A geoeconomic analysis. J. of Soil and Water Conserv. Vol
50:1 p 101-106.
- Prato, T., Vandepopuliere,J., Fulhage,C., Haithcoat, T., Xu, F., Fulcher,C.,
and Jenner, M. 1991. Managing Land Application
of Broiler Litter to Optimize Economic Value and Water Quality. Missouri
Water Resources Research Center. Report No. G-1572-04.
- Haithcoat, T.L. and Hallett, D.L. 1987. Computerized PATREC
assessment of LANDSAT land cover data to aid planning of pheasant management
in Missouri. Proceedings of PECORA XI, Sioux Falls,
Selected Grants and Contracts
- Giessman, N.F., T.W. Barney, T.L. Haithcoat, J.W. Meyers, and R. Massengale.
1986. Distribution of Forestland in Missouri. Trans. Mo.
Acad. of Science. Vol 20:5-14.
Haithcoat. 'Internship and Support for Mo. Office of Administration'
- Haithcoat. 'The Missouri Lewis & Clark Historic Landscape Project'
Haithcoat. 'The Missouri Original GLO Survey Notes Project'
Haithcoat. 'Missouri NSDI Clearinghouse Node'
Haithcoat. 'Mo. Office of Administration - Census 2000'
Haithcoat. 'Mo. Office of Administration - Block Boundary Suggestion Project'
Haithcoat. 'Implementing GIS in the Mo. Dept. of Economic Development'
Haithcoat. 'Base-line Environ. Exposure to Toxics in St. Louis Region'
Haithcoat. 'Mo. Dept. of Transportation Data Base Development'
Haithcoat. 'Mo. Dept. of Transportation County Highway Map Project'
- Haithcoat. 'Flood of 1993 in Missouri: Data base development'
Haithcoat. 'GIS for Integrated Emergency Management: A Booklet'
Haithcoat. 'Missouri Spatial Data Information Service'
Selected Professional Activities
Hipple, Davis, Haithcoat, Blanchard. 'Center for local and regional government
- Blanchard, Correa, Davis, Diamond, Haithcoat, Hipple, Palaniappan, Peyton,
Wiebold,Zhuang. 'Remote Sensing Demonstration Program'
- Blanchard, Correa, Davis, Diamond, Fulcher, Haithcoat, Hipple, Palaniappan,
Peyton, Prato, Urban, Wiebold, Zhao, Zhuang, Engeln. 'Commercial
Remote Sensing Program - ICREST'
- Palaniappan, Haithcoat, Diamond, Hipple. 'NASA Equipment grant'
Schroeder and Haithcoat. 'Historic Land Cover Mapping - 1800's'
- Drobney and Haithcoat. 'GAP Analysis Project for Missouri'
- Missouri Geographic Information System Advisory Committee - Standing
Member - Secretary
- Federal Geographic Data Committee - National Spatial Data Infrastructure
(NSDI) - Organizational Initiative: Stewardship Team Member
MidAmerica Geographic Information System Consortium - Missouri Representative
National States Geographic Information Council - Missouri Representative
Missouri State Census Data Center - Core group member
- Nold, A.S. 1998. Spatio-Temporal Change in Indiana Bat Summer
Habitat. 100 p. MA Thesis. Univ. of Missouri.
- Welde, B.D. 1998. Environmental Justice in East St. Louis: An advanced
GIS risk assessment methodology for determining the interconnections between
air pollution, equity, and health. 157 p. MA Thesis.
Univ. of Missouri.
- Wetteroff, K.L. 1998. Modeling and Verifying Predicted Avian
Distributions in Mid- Missouri. 229 p. MS Thesis.
Univ. of Missouri.
- Porter, S. 1998. Modeling Historic Woody Vegetation in the
Lower Ozarks of Missouri. 134 p. MA Thesis. Univ. Missouri.
- Klingseisen, R.E. 1996. Using Multisourcce Data to Evaluate and Refine
Training Fields for Incorporation into a Neural Network Classifier.
124 p. MA Thesis. Univ. Missouri.
- Muller, Steven V., 1995. An assessment of Areal Interpolation Methods
and their use in Estimating Population at the Block Level Affected by Flooding.
159 p. MA Thesis. Univ. Missouri.
- Geletta, S. 1995. Industry concentration and rural well-being
in the United States. 115 p. PhD Dissertation. Univ. of Missouri.
- Batek, M.J. 1994. Presettlement vegetation of the Current River
watershed in the Missouri Ozarks. MA Thesis. Univ. of Missouri.
- Zhou, Yen. 1994. Flood Hazard Assessment and Response Using GIS within
the Blue River Watershed, Jackson County, Missouri. 103 p.
MA Thesis. Univ. Missouri.
- Mohamad, M. 1993. The use of meteorological and satellite data
for determining the potential for flash flood. 85 p. MS Thesis.
Univ of Missouri.
- Barnett, C.J. 1992. Adapting the Missouri Geographic Names
Data Base to a Geographic Information System. 205 p. MA Thesis.
- Spooner, J.D. 1991. Analytical Urban Change Detection Using
Scanned Cartographic and Digital Satellite Image Data. 71 p.
MA Thesis. Univ. Missouri.