This page was last updated:
Free Ads: Any job announcements submitted to MSDIS directly from not for profit organizations, local/state/federal government and educational institutions will be added to this page free of charge.
Paid Ads: A listing fee of $40 per job ad applies to for profit organizations (private companies, recruitment agencies - or any third party acting as a recruitment agency on behalf of any organization eligible for free ads - and government or military subcontractors) to post a job vacancy on MSDIS jobs page. Paid job ads must be faxed to MSDIS using the official job ad order form (http://www.msdis.missouri.edu/community/jobadreq.pdf) . Only payment by credit card is accepted. Advertising on MSDIS jobs page is a great way to fill your vacancies. MSDIS jobs page receives 1500 - 2000 unique visitors per month and is consistently the 3rd most popular page on the MSDIS web site.
MSDIS RSS Jobs Feed and MSDIS Twitter Feed. For an additional fee of only $10 per service, for profit organizations posting paid job ads can opt to have their posting added to the MSDIS RSS Jobs feed or Twitter feed. If you would like to take advantage of these services just check the appropriate box(es) on the job ad request form.
We will not search the web, etc. for jobs. If you would like to take advantage of this medium, please submit your job announcements to:
- Announcements with no closing date will remain on this page for three months from the posting date.
- Announcements with a closing date will remain on this page until one week after the closing date.
Quick Jobs Index (click the title for detailed job description)
|Position Title||Location||Organization||Salary Range||Closing Date|
|GIS Enterprise Systems Administrator||Columbia, MO||City of Columbia||$53,966 - $67,458||04/04/2014|
|GIS Coordinator||Platte City, MO||Platte County||?||?|
|Independence, MO||Jackson County||unpaid||?|
|GIS Technician||Little Rock, AR||Central Arkansas Water||$21.51 per hour entry||7th February, 2014 or Until Filled|
|Community Information Project Specialist||St. Charles, MO||City os St. Charles Police Dept.||$38,950.00 – 53,693.00||Until filled|
|GIS Analyst||Lenexa, KS||GBA Companies||?||?|
Information & Technology Services
|Columbia, MO||Stephens College||?||Until filled|
Other Employment Resources
The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse: http://www.gjc.org/
|Position Title||GIS Enterprise Systems Administrator|
|Division||CITYWIDE SERVICES/CITY GIS OFFICE|
|Job Description Summary||
Administer the City’s Enterprise GIS System, including granting database access, designing database improvements, implementing changes to the systems to improve effectiveness, working with other departments to promote use and ownership of data within the City, and designing end user applications to collect/display data to appropriate users across the enterprise.
|Essential Job Functions||
•Provide administration of the City’s ArcSDE and ArcGIS servers, including security access, performance tuning, capacity planning, optimization, and deployment of user GIS applications, and ensuring recoverability procedures are in place.
•Ensure appropriate permissions, security, and access of data layers and products in ArcSDE and ArcGIS server environments, as determined by data owners, stakeholders, and City policy.
•Coordinate use of ArcGIS server technology, deployment, and development across the City, including ArcGIS APIs, and ArcGIS mobile technologies.
•Define, analyze, design, develop, test, and implement GIS applications with accuracy, timeliness, and responsiveness to GIS stakeholders, following development standards.
•Support GIS interest and use in departments and business units across the City. Provide technical information, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis, GIS application development, user training, solutions, explanations, and advice in response to user requests.
•Consult on and support software and solution procurement and implementation involving geospatial data and technology.
•Perform team leader functions for projects involving multiple developers: manage deadlines, provide status reports, and facilitate final testing and project sign-off.
•Work with junior level staff to assist with assigned projects and further their professional development.
•Develop procedures for applying service packs, upgrades, and migrating to standard releases for all Esri software. Assist in testing upgrades to existing applications and assist teams in solving software failures.
•Coordinate with Information Technologies staff on infrastructure, networking, security, development, mobility, and support issues.
|Ancillary Job Functions||
•Prepare and present oral and written reports, presentations, and recommendations.
•Monitor, document, and analyze system performance and make or recommend adjustments as necessary.
•Review literature and other resources in order to keep informed of new technology advances that may affect base level support and/or development toolkit.
•Troubleshoot ArcSDE and ArcGIS servers for connectivity, access, performance, and other issues.
•Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Education and Experience - An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered||
•Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geography or related field.
•Minimum of ten years relevant experience.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position||
•Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of GIS data resources and systems management.
•Awareness and knowledge of different and transitioning Enterprise GIS governance and implementation models.
•Ability to coordinate contracts for services and to prepare and recommend long-range plans and policies.
•Ability to proactively identify inefficient processes and to make recommendations for increasing efficiency and/or effectiveness of operations.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other City employees and the general public.
|Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job||
•General office conditions.
•Quiet noise levels.
|Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions||
•Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
•Regularly required to talk and listen.
•Must be able to stand, walk, drive, and reach with hands/arms.
•Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
•Must have clarity of vision and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
•May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
•Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
City GIS Office is staffed Monday-Friday 8-5. The nature of the position requires some work to be completed outside of this range.
|Starting Salary||$53,966 - $67,458|
|Number of Positions Available||1|
|Deadline to Apply||04/04/2014|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||See posting and apply on City HR web site here
|Notice to Applicants||Individuals needing accommodation to apply may call 573.874.7235
TTY: 711 (MO RELAY)
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA IS A MERIT, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: MALE / FEMALE
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA REQUIRES PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING
The City of Columbia participates in the federal E-Verify work authorization program
Department: Planning and Zoning
Reports To: Director of Planning and Zoning
Summary: Creates and maintains the County GIS mapping system. Prepares data and maps for many county offices and the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Analyzes data, source maps and aerial photographs, and other records.
• Studies legal records to visually display boundaries of properties, political subdivisions, and other areas.
• Creates data sets and maps as needed to assist in decision making.
• Coordinates data systems within the County.
• Maintains software and other mapping technology.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Able to read and map legal descriptions
- Working knowledge of coordinate systems and projections
- Ability to run an enterprise ArcGIS 10.0 environment with SDE and ArcGIS Server
- Knowledge of ArcPad 7 and Trimble GeoXT GPS for mobile solutions
- Know how to use 3D Analyst Extension to create topography from Digital Elevation Models
- Be able to communicate with citizens and other department users for GIS data requests
- Knowledge in joining and extracting data from database tables to display in ArcMap
- Project management for Platte County aerial imagery acquisition
- Completion of FEMA ISO 100, 200, 800 and 900 level courses for GIS response in Emergency Management ESF 5
- Ability to manage and coordinate GIS Internship program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Information Technology or GIS
- 2+ Years Related Experience
- 5 to 7 Years Working with ESRI products (preferred)
Application Instructions http://www.co.platte.mo.us/employment.html
Location: Kansas City/Independence, MO
Job Id: 295
# of Openings: 2
Department: Information Technology
Responsible, at the direction of County GIS staff, to create, edit and maintain GIS layers which may include working on special GIS projects, fulfilling map requests, creating documentation or other duties as assigned.
Internship is unpaid.
Must have completed 1-year coursework in geography, GIS or related field with a minimum of 1 year of GIS coursework.
Must submit to/pass post offer drug screen/background check. Non-smokers preferred.
Central Arkansas Water is seeking a GIS Technician. See below for details or visit the CAW employment web page: http://www.carkw.com/about-us/employment/
Open: February 3, 2014
Close: February 7, 2014 or Until Filled.
Classification: Grade 8 Non-Exempt ($21.51 per hour entry) Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities: operates GIS, database, CAD and associated software; creates and maintains GIS and related data; operates, tests, monitors and documents GIS equipment, software, and custom applications; analyzes, monitors and updates system; authors and plots maps, plans and other presentation ready exhibits; scans and/or files maps, plans, as-builts and other related documents and enters linked data; performs other essential duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop and Extensions.
Knowledge of ESRI's GEO database.
Knowledge of land record mapping principles and methods.
Knowledge of map design and cartographic principles and techniques.
Knowledge of GEO processing and spatial analysis.
Knowledge of topology and geometric networks.
Knowledge of GIS automation and scripting.
Knowledge of structured query language.
Knowledge of relational databases.
Knowledge of AutoCAD Map 3-D.
Knowledge of computer aided drafting techniques.
Knowledge of methods and techniques used to research as-built drawing and other engineering records.
Knowledge of GPS data collection issues.
Knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
Ability to edit data in ArcGIS Desktop.
Ability to enter data into MS Excel and MS Access.
Ability to use basic functions of AutoCAD.
Ability to author or prepare presentation quality maps, reports, and other graphics.
Ability to read and interpret civil engineering maps and drawings.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to read and interpret plans, legal descriptions and land records.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to research solutions to problems via internet search engines and software support databases.
Ability to plan and manage work.
Ability to maintain accurate records and compile reports.
Ability to follow directions and pay attention to detail.
Ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
Ability to extract information from records (written, computerized, and/or orally).
Ability to coordinate work with others within and outside the utility.
Ability to deal with customer complaints, inquiries, and angry customers effectively.
Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Ability to sit and visually look at a computer screen for extended periods.
Ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse for extended periods.
Skilled in ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop Software.
Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Skilled in the use of large format plotters and scanners.
Skilled in the use of Windows based computers and peripherals.
High School diploma or G.E.D.; plus two (2) years of post-high school education in geographic information systems or related field; plus two (2) years of work experience utilizing ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop software in a Windows client/server environment.
Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science or related field; experience mapping land records using coordinate geometry (COGO); knowledge of a water distribution system; knowledge of ArcGIS Server; experience with ArcGIS Model Builder and/or scripting languages such as Python, VBA or Java script; knowledge of programming languages such as ArcObjects, Visual Basic .NET, C#, Flex or Java.
Must be 21 years old or older.
Must have a valid Arkansas Driver's License with a good driving record.
Individual works in a heated and cooled typical office environment.
All interested employees of Central Arkansas Water are encouraged to apply and should request and complete a Request for Transfer/Promotion Form, available from Human Resources, in order to be considered for this position. Interested outside candidates may apply in person beginning on Monday, February 3, 2014 during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Human Resources Office of Central Arkansas Water at 221 East Capitol, Little Rock. All forms must be completed and returned to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 7, 2014 or until filled in order to be considered for the position. A criminal background check will be conducted. Central Arkansas Water will require a pre-employment physical & drug testing for all prospective employees after an offer of employment has been made. All offers will be contingent on the prospective employee receiving a "negative" on the tests conducted. Central Arkansas Water is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate in its employment practices, or any other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran's status.
Job related written and/or skills testing will be conducted.
We support diversity and inclusion.
Job Line: 501-377-1335 www.carkw.com<http://www.carkw.com>
Vince Guillet - GIS Manager
Central Arkansas Water (CAW)
Pulaski Area GIS (PAgis)
221 E. Capitol Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72202
Department: Police Department
Closing Date for Resumes/Applications: Open until filled
Salary Range: Grade L Range $38,950.00 – 53,693.00
Status: Full time
The City of Saint Charles Police Department is currently recruiting for the position of Community Information Project Specialist. The purpose of this position is to provide support to the St. Charles Police Department by performing duties associated with crime data analysis and police community services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Develops the capability to internally identify emergent crime patterns and series. Analyzes these tactical activities and contributes to intervention efforts.
Develops the capability to internally measure and forecast long-term public safety related activity, as well as the capability to analyze this activity for the purpose of contributing to problem solving, intervention, and reduction efforts.
Write, edit, design, layout and produce various reports, including Comp Stat and other reports.
Coordinate and conduct programs and meetings in accordance with the Department’s mission
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Bachelor's degree preferred. One to two years experience in public relations, communication, crime analyst or information or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Computer skills in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Suite, GIS software application and Pen Link desired. Must have a valid driver's license.
Interested applicants should submit a resume or application to: The City of Saint Charles Human Resources Department, Suite 301, 200 North Second Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Employment applications can also be downloaded from the City’s website and faxed to Human Resources at 636-940-4606. Website address for the employment application is: www.stcharlescitymo.gov
The City of Saint Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
GBA is currently seeking a GIS Analyst proficient in geospatial analysis and database management reporting for the Lenexa, KS office. The GIS Analyst will use geographic information system applications (ArcGIS for Desktop) to perform billable services to satisfy internal and external client needs. This will be a multi-disciplinary position –primarily responsible to the GIS supervisor but also responsible to project managers from various departments within GBA.
This GIS Analyst will utilize GIS techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location:
- Extract data from GIS software and use varying analysis methods to arrive at results,
- Provide maps and data sets to clients to supplement analysis
- Create custom presentation maps and map figures for reports
- Revise existing GIS layers and create new layers using aerial photography
- Correct geospatial location of features such as bridges, signs, manholes, catch basins, and pipe segments, etc.
- Update attributes of assets from various sources including paper forms, ArcPad/Trimble data collectors, MS Access databases, etc.
- Develop and apply GIS system and cartographic mapping elements
- Respond to inquiries from end-users regarding GIS skills and requirements
- Maintain metadata and best practices to support systems and data
- Prepare technical documentation of project requirements, procedures, execution, and implementation plans
Applicants must have good communications skills and have demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on time and within budget. The successful applicant should demonstrate;
- Attention to details and experience with QA/QC and data analysis
- Excellent analytical /problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of local government and sanitary/storm water systems
- Presentation skills, including ability to clearly communicate GIS technologies
Other Beneficial Capabilities
This GIS Analyst position will work in conjunction with CADD drafters and technicians so a working knowledge of AutoCAD will be beneficial. We are also interested in an applicant that has an understanding of enterprise systems and ArcGIS for server implementation, functionality, and development capabilities including many of the following skills.
- Experience with implementing and managing ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for server in a multi-user SDE environment
- Ability to design, interpret, and implement data model functionality
- Working knowledge and/or experience with asset management systems
- Design and develop GIS database models and templates
- Successfully implement, maintain, and support internal and external databases
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies experience in web development, SQL Server, ArcGIS for server, and ArcGIS Online
- Write, edit, install, and verify programs for debug and edit programs for accessing, maintaining, linking, and populating databases
- Develop “Apps” for data collection using laptops, smartphones, and tablets
- Education: BS/BA in Geography, Planning, Computer Science, Engineering, GIS, Geology, or related field.
- Experience: 2+ years of using Esri ArcGIS / ArcServer software or other enabling technologies, current Windows OS, and web-enabling technologies or related experience
- Other: Experience working with RDBMS -SQL Server 2005 or later preferred
GBA offers the opportunity for growth based on performance, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package. To be considered for this position, please visit http://gbateam.com/about-careers.html to download an application. The completed application including salary requirements, cover letter and resume should then be submitted online as instructed on the website. If unable to submit online, please mail to Human Resources, GBA, One Renner Ridge, 9801 Renner Blvd., Lenexa, KS 66219. EOE/M/F/D/VGBA Companies provide innovative, sustainable engineering, architectural, and construction management solutions for high-profile projects throughout the region. GBA and its subsidiaries, GBA Builders, LLC, GBA Systems Integrators, LLC, and ViroCon, Inc. serve primary markets including transportation, traffic integration, water environment, building design, civil/site development, commissioning, sustainable design, and surveying. GBA Companies employ a staff of 190 located in Lenexa, Kansas, and offices in Missouri, Nebraska, Illinois and Colorado. Members of GBA’s multi-disciplined staff work closely with clients to accomplish the firm’s core purpose – “creating remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life.” To learn more about GBA and the GBA Companies, visit our website http://gbateam.com and blog www.gbateam.blogspot.com, or follow us on Twitter @GBATeam.
Provide technical guidance, implementation and support for all network and server infrastructure to ensure that the network and system services are available to all users.
- Oversee implementation of all server and network infrastructure.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the server administrator.
- Provide supervision and technical oversight to the helpdesk.
- Develop, implement, and maintain college wide network and server plans.
- Provide network support for students, faculty, and staff.
- Develop network protocol and procedures for users and provide training as necessary to ensure understanding in the campus community.
- Manage network servers and perform regular backups.
- Maintain and update campus wide wireless network.
- Configure network equipment from multiple vendors to implement VLAN’s
- Install and maintain specialized software for specific academic programs.
- Research new technology and software.
- Monitor network security and analyze potential threats.
- Enforce company policies and procedures in regards to use of computers, network and server resources.
- Maintain and manage network equipment.
- Maintain and install physical infrastructure and network cabling as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field such as business with a technical emphasis, or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Documented working experience with Microsoft Windows Environments, including: MS-SQL and Microsoft Exchange, Internet Information Server and other applications associated with higher education. Experience with Microsoft Windows configuration, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networks supporting VoIP telephony, microcomputers and other systems; system development, complex project management, client/server technology, Internet/intranets.
- Experience with PowerCampus, PowerFAIDS desired.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and College-paid retirement plan.
Application deadline: Open until filled
EOE A diverse community on campus is valued.